sqlippool log messages to stdout

Matteo Sgalaberni sgala at sgala.com
Mon Mar 14 16:47:05 UTC 2022

----- On 14 Mar, 2022, at 16:54, Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com wrote:

> linelog {
>	filename = /dev/stdout

Hi Alan, already tried ;(

With filename = /dev/stdout

- On a debian server vanilla:
Mon Mar 14 17:32:55 2022 : Error: rlm_linelog: Failed to open /dev/stdout: Bad file descriptor

- On a container (https://hub.docker.com/r/freeradius/freeradius-server/):
Mon Mar 14 14:53:45 2022 : Error: rlm_linelog: Failed to open /dev/stdout: Permission denied

I tried to find the in the source code the root cause:
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/master/src/modules/rlm_linelog/rlm_linelog.c#L666
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/bef190c8da06716b871e2fbc4bdf5377b85bfc4b/src/lib/server/exfile.c#L438

I'm not a C expert and I didn't debugged it well. I suppose that the open() used in that way is not compatible with stdout or named pipes (tried also), It works only with regular files.

Or do you think that should work and there is definitively something else causing the issue (Failed to open /dev/stdout)?

Thanks

M.