Bash Script not exec-uting in Daemon Mode

Mike Ruebner freeradius at machichemicals.com
Thu Mar 31 05:47:40 UTC 2022

Well, I didn't expect someone to take this personally. Neither was that my intent.

And, yes, something changed. After some digging, I found this nugget in '/lib/systemd/system/freeradius.service':

# We shouldn't be writing to the configuration directory
ReadOnlyDirectories=/etc/freeradius/

Defeats any attempt to write to a sub-directory & explains why my script stopped performing in daemon mode. No idea when this was introduced, or whether the package maintainer came up with this brilliant idea. Wouldn't hurt to document this somewhere, though. Anyway, my system, my rules. Directive commented out, and my script is working as expected again.

Bests, Mike

 -
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html