Unix domain socket support for authentication and accounting?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri May 13 07:08:09 UTC 2022

On 5/3/22 10:02, Alan DeKok wrote:
> I must admit I don't understand the reasons for asking for a feature
> which has no use-cases, which no one implements, and which doesn't
> add anything useful.
One thing I like about Unix domain sockets is using the Unix peer
credentials for password-less and secure authc of local client processes.

E.g. OpenLDAP can use LDAPI and authz-regexp to map the POSIX-UID/-GID
to LDAP identities.

Not sure whether such a use-case would make sense for FreeRADIUS sense
though.

Ciao, Michael.