Configuration file /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf is globally writable

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Mon May 23 12:42:14 UTC 2022

Hi,

I have set up an infrastructure with a freeradius container in docker, but
the error below occurs whenever the container goes up.

Configuration file /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf is globally writable.
Refusing to start due to insecure configuration.

I have locally a folder with files from a freeradius server that I use in a
VM.

These files, via Dockerfile I copy to the container and then change the
permission of the folder to:

chown -R freerad. /etc/freeradius

I'm not sure if the owner would be just freerad or it would have to be
root:freerad, or if I have to change the permissions too.

Any ideas?

--
Elias Pereira