3.2.0: dynamic_home_servers ?

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Mon May 30 08:24:49 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm giving dynamic_home_servers a try. I didn't get very far though:

- started with the default shipped config

- enabled sites-enabled/control-socket

- enabled dynamic=true and the default directory

- added one single entry in the directory, with filename "testrealm.lu":

home_server testrealm.lu {
#       ipv6addr = "2001:db8::6"
        ipaddr = "192.168.20.5"
        proto = udp
        secret = "radsec"
}

- started FreeRADIUS, looked at the following error:

including configuration file
/home/stefan/RESTENA/freeradius-build/etc/raddb/home_servers/testrealm.lu
home_server testrealm.lu {
        ipaddr = 192.168.20.5
        port = 0
        proto = "udp"
        secret = <<< secret >>>
        response_window = 30.000000
        response_timeouts = 1
        max_outstanding = 65536
        zombie_period = 40
        status_check = "none"
        ping_interval = 30
        check_timeout = 4
        num_answers_to_alive = 3
        revive_interval = 300
  limit {
        max_connections = 16
        max_requests = 0
        lifetime = 0
        idle_timeout = 0
  }
  coa {
        irt = 2
        mrt = 16
        mrc = 5
        mrd = 30
  }
  recv_coa {
Failed reading home_server from
/home/stefan/RESTENA/freeradius-build/etc/raddb/home_servers/testrealm.lu
- Dynamic home_server 'testrealm.lu' cannot have 'server' or 'auth+acct'

So the configuration is parsed correctly, but then... I didn't specify
"auth+acct" (and if I do, same error); nor do I know what is meant with
"server" (and switching between ipaddr and ipv6addr didn't change
anything)? Adding a port = 1812 doesn't change anything either.

When I read in the docs that these should be "normal" home_server
definitions, I wonder... they are seemingly not quite that normal?

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
This email may contain information for limited distribution only, please treat accordingly.

Fondation Restena, Stefan WINTER
Chief Technology Officer
2, avenue de l'Université
L-4365 Esch-sur-Alzette