Cannot increase open file descriptors above 1024

Ibrahemoo Ghost ibrahemooghost at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 08:45:55 UTC 2022

> Is there any error?  Can you run it in debug mode to see what's going on?

I am running under ubuntu server 20, After raising the file descriptors
limit, When i run freeradius as service (in multithreaded mode) signal gets
aborted after 1 second with the following error in syslog:
freeradius.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=6/ABRT
freeradius.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

But when i try to run it under debug mode freeradius -X (single threaded),
it works fine, but the problem is i can't put it under single threaded mode
for too long because it is in production environment.

What I've done right now to temporarily solve the issue of reaching 1024
file descriptors limit: Is to decrease sql connection pools values as
following:
idle_timeout = 1
retry_delay = 1

But I know this is a temporary solution and the problem will rise again
when my network grows.

I could not share the connection pool across sql instances because it
shared a single connection to a single database, What I want is to have
each sql instance connect to a different database (Under the same mysql
server).

Best Regards
Ibrahem Ghost