Robust Proxy Accounting problem after switch from 2.2.10 to 3.2.1

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Nov 29 15:46:33 UTC 2022

On Nov 29, 2022, at 10:40 AM, Martin Zaharinov <micron10 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Idea is when Main radius is miss to cache account data and to respons to client if Main server is not alive.

  I understand that.  That is what the documentation for the "robust proxy accounting" server says.  And I wrote that documentation, so I understand how it works.

> Do you have config for proxing directly , and if is direct idea is when Main server is dead to respons to users and user dont wait acct answer from main server.

  Read sites-available/robust-proxy-accounting

  That is how that virtual server works.  If you did anything else, you didn't follow the documentation.

>> The virtual server "robust proxy accounting" only uses the detail file if the home server is down.
>>
>> So why is the home server down for extended periods of time?
>
> Java radius in folder file is very fast process and not stay in folder.

  That doesn't answer my question.

> Freeradius server, AAA vendor write server is alive and respons but in folder i see this files and file is increase.

  So you configured the robust-proxy-account wrong.

  It looks like you have it ALWAYS writing to the detail file, and then proxying.  This is exactly the opposite of how that virtual server works.

  Instead, follow the documentation.  Have it proxy first, and then only write to the detail file if the home server is down.

> Per Second.

  24K packets per second is a very high load system.  If a home server goes down for extended periods of time, then there will quickly be gigabytes of detail files written to disk.