[EXTERNAL] [EXT] Multiple NAS clients within same network

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 4 20:10:57 UTC 2022

On Oct 4, 2022, at 4:04 PM, Winfield, Alister (Senior Solutions Architect) via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> How about RADIUS over QUIC I’m guessing RADIUS would lend itself more to the UDP transport. If I had the time I’d steal the DNS over QUIC work and err create the same thing for RADIUS.

  I'm happy to accept patches.  :)  The IETF is also free to participate in.  So it's possible to write a spec proposing it.

  That being said, the RADIUS over TLS documents have been out for a decade.  Many NASes still don't implement it.  It's time to make a lot of noise about this, and highlight just how bad the problem is.

  FreeRADIUS is *free*.  It's relatively trivial to implement RadSec.  FreeRADIUS comes with some simple scripts to manage certificates.  It should take about an hour to add RadSec to a FreeRADIUS configuration.