PEAP and TLS 1.3 on brnach 3.2.x?

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Thu Oct 6 08:05:43 UTC 2022

Hello,

in the Changelog, I read that 3.0.26 now supports PEAP+TTLS on TLS 1.3.
Good!

I didn't find a similar entry in the 3.2.x release train. Does this work
on 3.2.x already, or is this pending for a future release?

(We do get user reports about EAP failures with Windows 11 22H2 which in
parts may be related to TLS 1.3 negotiation failures on older 3.0.x
releases, and wonder what exactly to suggest as an upgrade path)

(other root causes seem to be Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2 and it's
Credential Guard feature that prevents PEAP/MSCHAPv2 from functioning;
still investigating and that is of course nothing where FreeRADIUS can
help - we just want to get any ("simple") noise from TLS negos and old
versions out of the way)

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
This email may contain information for limited distribution only, please treat accordingly.

Fondation Restena, Stefan WINTER
Chief Technology Officer
2, avenue de l'Université
L-4365 Esch-sur-Alzette