ldap load-balance

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 13:58:56 UTC 2022

Arran Cudbard-Bell says it works.

"I wrote the rlm_ldap module distributed with FreeRADIUS version 3.
OpenLDAP's libldap
will accept multiple servers and will failover between them just fine. This
mechanism is more
efficient as it doesn't require repeatedly calling instances of rlm_ldap
just to have them fail.
redundant {} and redundant-load-balance {} have no state beyond the current
request, and
no way to determine the current state of the upstream connection"
Link: https://stackoverflow.com/a/19103323/8442925

On Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 10:18 AM Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
wrote:

> On Oct 7, 2022, at 7:57 AM, Elias Pereira <empbilly at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This way below is also done the load-balance between the ldap servers?
> >
> > ldap {
> >   server = 'ldap1.net'
> >   server = 'ldap2.net'
> >   port = 389
>
>   Does the ldap module documentation say that this will work?
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Elias Pereira