EAP-TTLS not working on windows 11 for a wired usage

Marek Zarychta zarychtam at plan-b.pwste.edu.pl
Tue Oct 11 20:33:41 UTC 2022

W dniu 25.07.2022 o 21:21, Alan DeKok pisze:
> On Jul 25, 2022, at 12:50 PM, florentvercourt at gmail.com wrote:
>> I’m trying to implement, a FreeRADIUS server for a wired usage using
>> EAP-TTLS/PAP protocol, I’m authorizing my users based on their credentials
>> saved in the users file.
>    That should be fine, subject to some issues.
>
>> But when I try to authenticate with EAP-TTLS/PAP, it fails when I click on «
>> connect », I don’t have any following response to my Access-Challenge
>> packets.

Some of our eduroam users running Windows 11 are also encountering
issues with EAP-TTLS and it looks like the reply from the server is
missing too. We are investigating this.

It is worth mentioning here that after six months of running FreeRADIUS
3.2.0 we noticed that so far only wpa_supplicant v2.10 is able to use
TLS 1.3 in EAP-TTLS.

Today the servers got updated to FreeRADIUS 3.2.1. Of course, it runs
fine on FreeBSD too. Thank you!

--
Marek Zarychta