high level design question

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Thu Oct 13 21:22:38 UTC 2022

Greetings FR-users,

I'm standing up a new RADIUS server that needs to proxy requests to both
single and two factor RADIUS systems. I am looking for some feedback on my
design.

I'd like the option to configure local clients to either single factor or
two factor auth.

The proxy server I set up could listen on 1812 and 1814. Clients that
need/want single factor auth will request to 1812 and clients that
need/want two factor auth will request to 1814. With corresponding acct
listening on 1813 and 1815.

Is this sensible? Are there any standard FR configurations for working with
clients to proxy to different RADIUS servers?

Thanks for any feedback!

-m