Freeradius 3.2.0 with dynamic clients on LDAP

Igor Sousa igorvolt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 21:26:37 UTC 2022

Hi,

I work at a company with more than 300 APs and this number only increases.
To permit each AP to connect to Freeradius, I've configured a specified
VLAN with DHCPv4 and I've delivered to APs. The clients.conf has looked
like this:

client dhcp-aps {
ipaddr         = 10.20.0.0/20
secret         = testing123
shortname  = dhcp-aps
nastype       = other
}

But I would like to store the clients configuration on a LDAP base using
radiusClient scheme where the radiusClientIdentifier is the AP's MAC
address. Then I intend to configure dynamic clients to allow the same
created network to use Freeradius, but it will use Called-Station-ID to
auth the AP on LDAP.

I've googled it and found it
https://sourceforge.net/p/hotcakes/wiki/YfiTechDynamicClients/ using
Freeradius 2.1.12. Not 3.x though. Is it possible?

--
Igor Sousa