EAP-GTC and cache_auth

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 12 17:27:02 UTC 2022

On Sep 12, 2022, at 6:33 AM, Grosjean Cyril <cygrosjean+freeradius at gmail.com> wrote:
> I’m searching a way to cache authentification with EAP-GTC as a EAP phase 2.
> It is currently very easy with PAP (as I have the User-Password in the
> authenticate part) but I can’t succeed to find a way to cache it with
> EAP-GTC.

  You don't cache what the user entered, i.e. User-Password or EAP-GTC.  You cache the Cleartext-Password attribute which you received from the database.

  And why are you trying to cache EAP-GTC anyways?  Does the database disappear from time to time? If so, fix the database.

> Do I miss an attribute that would help me to cache an Access-Accept in that
> way ?

  You can't cache an Access-Accept for EAP.  It doesn't work, and it's *always* the wrong thing to do.