Accounting requests over TCP

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 19 18:49:16 UTC 2022

On Sep 19, 2022, at 2:25 PM, Abhilash Y G <ygabhi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am configuring a virtual server to listen for authentication and
> accounting requests on TCP ports 2017 and 2018 respectively.

  That should be fine.

> When the request comes for the same host on 2018 (accounting port) I am
> seeing an error in radius log something like below. Please note all
> accounting messages are being successfully processed by virtual server.
>
> Mon Sep 19 16:24:23 2022 : Error: Failed inserting TCP socket into parent
> list.

  That's a little weird.  I don't recall seeing that before.

> Mon Sep 19 16:24:23 2022 : Info:  ... adding new socket acct from client (20
> 8.59.110.70, 45060) -> (*, 2018)
> Mon Sep 19 16:24:23 2022 : Info:  ... shutting down socket acct from client
> (208.59.110.70, 45060) -> (*, 2018)
>

> freeradius logs in debug mode.
>
> Mon Sep 19 17:27:08 2022 : Debug: Server was built with:
> Mon Sep 19 17:27:08 2022 : Debug:   accounting               : yes
> Mon Sep 19 17:27:08 2022 : Debug:   authentication           : yes

  <sigh>  Can people PLEASE follow the documentation for posting to the list?

  http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  There are many, many, pieces of documentation which say what to post.  There is simply no excuse to ignore all of the existing documentation.

  Use 3.2.0.  It should work.

  Otherwise, source code is available.  I suggest using a debugger.