sqlippool, allocate_find and duplicate address if NAS packets are received in the reverse order

Matteo Sgalaberni sgala at sgala.com
Fri Sep 23 13:41:18 UTC 2022

----- On 17 Sep, 2022, at 14:47, Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com wrote:
>  Whatever solution works for you is fine.  That's why the queries are editable,
>  and documented.  You can change them to work around issues in your network.

Hi Alan,

I found that my thesis are very "obsolete" and related to an older "queries.conf".

On the branch release_3_0_26 I found a patch authored by Nick Porter

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/1e9ab2a99674bb598af87c32e9202bc13c84e393

related to this pull request:
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/pull/3651

from the pull request description:
>Updates to schema - set default values for all columns, including expiry_time. This allows pools to be populated with the new helper script which only updates pool_name and framedipaddress. Having expiry_time as a NOT NULL >removes the need for selection criteria such as (expiry_time < NOW OR expiry_time IS NULL), enabling better use of indexes.

>Updates to queries -

>Take advantage of the new allocate_existing query to split re-issuing of existing address from finding a free one
>Amend all "freeing" queries so that they just expire the entry rather than clearing all client data. Essential to allow "sticky" IP behaviour
>Remove allocate_clear queries that achieve nothing useful (and also break "sticky" IP behaviour)

So the issue was resolved by Nick in 2020 ;) Thanks Nick!

Case closed;)

Thanks to all,

Matteo