Fwd: Error binding to port for 0.0.0.0 port 1812 | address already used

Nick Porter nick at portercomputing.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 17:26:59 UTC 2022

On 23/09/2022 18:05, Steven Walters wrote:
> Thanks for the response Nick. I tried version first 3.0.26 but had an issue
>   with the openldap driver on RHEL7 when trying to start freeradius. As we
> are running RHEL7 I decided on the highest version available from the RHEL7
> repo, which is 3.0.13.
As the instructions on packages.networkradius.com state, you need the
LDAP Toolbox Project repository as well as the Network RADIUS one on
RHEL 7 - this is due to RedHat compiling their LDAP libraries against
NSS rather than OpenSSL
> I  confirmed no freeradius is not running in the background. If I remove
> all the sites except default and inner-tunnel, freeradius starts fine.

If FreeRADIUS is unable to bind to port 1812, then something else is
bound to that port.

Try

sudo ss -lunp | grep 1812

to see what is bound to that port.