Computer/Machine Authentication almost working..

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Tue Apr 4 08:41:34 UTC 2023

Dear All,

Embarrassingly, restarting the Samba AD service on the DC my FR box chose to authenticate against has solved the issue.

I suspect that the 'smbcontrol all reload-config' command for Samba was not reloading the ntlm parameters, so reloading the whole service (systemctl restart sernet-samba-ad) was necessary.

I've now got my test laptop joined to the wifi on the correct VLAN using it's machine name!

Excellent!

I'll now tidy up my config files and work on getting BYOD going..

Thank you all for your patience,

Tim