"switch" statement": would you know a more compact statement?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 26 17:28:29 UTC 2023

On Apr 26, 2023, at 1:18 PM, Alex Zetaeffesse <fzetafs at gmail.com> wrote:
> https://networkradius.com/doc/3.0.10/unlang/regex.html
>
> I noticed the i for matching the regex in a non case-sensitive way.

  That works where it's documented to work.  i.e. for "if" statements.

> I played a bit and then I tried sending a request as
> user at tenAnt101.bic.local; the catch-group was tenAnt101 and there was still
> a match for >> realm "tenant101" << in the proxy.conf, though the catch was
> not based on the case.

  Domain names are case insensitive, so realm comparisons are case insensitive.

> So, are all the variables that relate to the username always treated as
> case-insensitive?

  No.

> To which other strings does this rule apply?

  There is no "rule".  Pretty much everything is obsessively documented, and it all works as documented.

  I guess there's no statement that "realm comparisons are case insensitive".  I can go add that.

  But for everything else, strings are strings, and comparisons are done by comparing the strings byte-by-byte.  If you need case insensitive comparisons, use a regex.