Certificate chain untrusted

Maciej Kowalka maciejkowalkati at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 17:16:33 UTC 2023

czw., 3 sie 2023, 16:53 użytkownik Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
napisał:

> On Aug 3, 2023, at 10:12 AM, Maciej Kowalka <maciejkowalkati at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Would you be able to awnser me if the warning I'm now getting is correct
> :
> > I now have only client certificate in windows and now I get only
> > Warning: Certificate chain - 1 cert(s) untrusted
> > Warning: (TLS) untrusted certificate with depth [0] subject name
> > /C=PL/ST=MyState/O=MyOrg/CN=client
> > So now the client pc sends only it's own certificate, but is
> authenticated
> > by radius
>
>   The warning is produced by OpenSSL.  So it's "correct" in that OpenSSL
> does not know or trust that certificate.
>
>   You will continue to see the messages until the certificates are
> configured correctly.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Ok, to check if my certificates are not ok I've tried the certificates that
are created during installation of freeradius and I get the same warning
about the untrusted certs.
Are they supposed to work correctly, without any problems?
Or it might be a openssl bug? When I use openssl command to check
certificates I get no errors, all are verified "ok".

Maciej