raddebug

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Wed Aug 9 15:11:50 UTC 2023

Hi!

For whatever reason "raddebug" doesn't work on our new radius servers.
On the old ones I could simply run "raddebug" or "raddebug -t 0" to
capture the current debug logs.

On the new one it shows nothing. It simply runs without any output.

Running freeradius-3.2.3-1.el9.x86_64 on AlmaLinux 9.

All the prerequisites mentioned in the raddebug(8) are met:
* radmin is in the path.
* I start raddebug as root thus permissions shouldn't matter.
* control socket is configured in mode rw and is accessible.
* It creates a file like "/var/log/radius/radmin.debug.101128" which
remains empty as well.
* I don't run multiple raddebug processes.

So I don't understand why it's not working...

Regards,

Gerald