radtest No "known good" password

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 10 12:49:33 UTC 2023

On Aug 10, 2023, at 8:43 AM, Tristan via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> Thanks for your help Matthew. Installed the Network RADISU packages and authorize file is installed the expected location now (and is populated with the default settings).

  I would double-check the that you don't have the old configuration files still around.  That is a recipe for disaster.

> However, now when I try freeradius -X, I get:
> including configuration file /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf
>
> Unable to open file "/etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf": No such file or directory

  That's pretty clear.

> Errors reading or parsing /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf
>
> I can confirm there is radiusd.conf inside /etc/freeradius/3.0/ but not inside /etc/freeradius where it is looking….instead of copying everything over, is there a way to get it to look at the /3.0/ folder instead of one directory higher?

  The packages don't over-write existing configuration files.

  You've installed multiple different packages, and therefore have multiple different configuration files in /etc/freeradius.  Don't do this.

  Remove all of /etc/freeradius.  Then, re-install the Network RADIUS packages.

  Then verify that the configuration files exist in /etc/freeradius.