How "bind as user" mode works?

Rodrigo Abrantes Antunes rodrigoantunes at pelotas.ifsul.edu.br
Wed Aug 16 16:45:47 UTC 2023

Hi, I was following this thread
https://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2020-May/098077.html

There, is said this:

"Check the help in the ldap module. There are update control Auth type
lines inside that set the Auth type to ldap and will Auth with bind
instead of reading the password from ldap".

I have followed this guide and it works with radtest but not with wifi.

https://www.nasirhafeez.com/freeradius-with-ldaps-on-azure-ad-domain-services/

Do I need to have access to the user password in active directory to
allow wifi authentication with freeradius?

I don't have this access and I thought the "bind as user" mode would
solve this (bind with the logging in user, just like ldapsearch) but I
think it is not what I thought.

How can achieve that? Am I restricted to mschap?