How "bind as user" mode works?

Rodrigo Abrantes Antunes rodrigoantunes at pelotas.ifsul.edu.br
Thu Aug 17 15:22:57 UTC 2023

  You have to know that there are some people that aren't an expert
like you, you probably have years of expertise in freeradius, I
started to learn it this month.

I've thought the full debug output wouldn't be needed in this case,
thats why I didn't post in the first message. You could have asked for
it in your first message and I would happily provide and all of this
would be avoided.

The documentation I am reading says nothing about post all the debug
output in the list:
https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/freeradius-active-directory-integration-howto

Your guess was wrong because you totally ignored what I said earlier,
I said that I was not doing MSCHAP.

I configured the LDAP "bind as user" functionality exactly like in the
guide I sent you earlier,  there is said nothing about inner tunnel.

In the default tunnel I uncomented this in authorize:

#  If you're using Active Directory and PAP, then uncomment
#  the following lines, and the "Auth-Type LDAP" section below.
#
#  This will let you do PAP authentication to AD.
#

if ((ok || updated) && User-Password && !control:Auth-Type) {
                update control {
                        &Auth-Type := ldap

And this in authenticate:

#  Uncomment it if you want to use ldap for authentication
#
#  Note that this means "check plain-text password against
#  the ldap database", which means that EAP won't work,
#  as it does not supply a plain-text password.
#
#  We do NOT recommend using this.  LDAP servers are databases.
#  They are NOT authentication servers.  FreeRADIUS is an
#  authentication server, and knows what to do with authentication.
#  LDAP servers do not.
#
#  However, it is necessary for Active Directory, because
#  Active Directory won't give the passwords to FreeRADIUS.
#

Auth-Type LDAP {
                ldap
        }

In the inner tunnel there isn't this text: "However, it is necessary
for Active Directory, because Active Directory won't give the
passwords to FreeRADIUS."

That's why I have missed it, sorry. And sorry if I have not yet
mastered all of the concepts of freeradius.