repository issue networkradius?

Joost Ringoot joost.ringoot at meteo.be
Wed Dec 6 11:15:30 UTC 2023

Hi,

This is not an immediate problem for me, but I think this is worth to look into.

I tried to install freedius with the repository as mentioned here, but it fails, the bigger packages (+ 80 kb) appear to be truncated

[ https://networkradius.com/packages/#fr32-ubuntu-jammy | https://networkradius.com/packages/#fr32-ubuntu-jammy ]

downloading the packages from here

[ http://packages.networkradius.com/freeradius-3.2/ubuntu/jammy/pool/main/f/freeradius/ | http://packages.networkradius.com/freeradius-3.2/ubuntu/jammy/pool/main/f/freeradius/ ]

with wget, the transfer appears to be interrupted by a remote connection closed, wget can resume and downloads it in chunks of 50 - 75 kb
which can then be successfull installed with apt

I am working from home and tried on a server, that I prepare, I first thought that our IPS or firewall is acting up, but even from home directly on my pc without vpn connection, I have the same behaviour:
with wget downloads are interrupted into chunks of 50-70 kb but appear complete in the end.

Best regards,

Joost

[ https://networkradius.com/packages/#fr32-ubuntu-jammy ]