issue with reject function while handling interim-update accounting

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Wed Dec 6 11:59:46 UTC 2023

On 06/12/2023 11:36, Vinayak Makwana via Freeradius-Users wrote:>
        I am facing an issue in the accounting section. I do work on
> freeradius accounting to handle START, STOP and INTERIM-UPDATE requests. So
> in an interim-update request I am getting every 1 minute.

That is very frequent. Every 15-30 minutes is more usual. You run the
risk of overloading your database.

> In that request i
> am checking user balance if user balance is not sufficient then i am using
> reject function to send reject request to client. but when I do use the
> reject function then this function directly rejects the interim-update
> request without sending access-reject  to the client.

You can only reject an authentication request, you can't reject in
accounting.

The way to do this is to send a CoA disconnect request to your NAS to
kick the session, if it's supported. If not you will need to either use
some other method to terminate the session, or use shorter session
lengths and then refuse on next authentication.

See raddb/sites-available/originate-coa

--
Matthew