[EXTERNAL] Re: issue with reject function while handling interim-update accounting

Vinayak Makwana vinayak.makwana at ecosmob.com
Wed Dec 6 13:35:33 UTC 2023

Re : issue with reject function while handling interim-update accounting

Thanks for sharing.

                 I am not much aware about COA configuration.
            Is there any way to send a reply-message like "Insufficient
balance" to a client in an account-accept request?

Thanks

On Wed, Dec 6, 2023 at 6:21 PM Winfield, Alister (Senior Solutions
Architect) via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>
wrote:

> [...]
> Date: Wednesday, 6 December 2023 at 12:00
> To: freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org <
> freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>
> Cc: Matthew Newton <mcn at freeradius.org>
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: issue with reject function while handling
> interim-update accounting
>

> On 06/12/2023 11:36, Vinayak Makwana via Freeradius-Users wrote:>
>         I am facing an issue in the accounting section. I do work on
> > freeradius accounting to handle START, STOP and INTERIM-UPDATE requests.
> So
> > in an interim-update request I am getting every 1 minute.
>
> That is very frequent. Every 15-30 minutes is more usual. You run the
> risk of overloading your database.
>
> > In that request i
> > am checking user balance if user balance is not sufficient then i am
> using
> > reject function to send reject request to client. but when I do use the
> > reject function then this function directly rejects the interim-update
> > request without sending access-reject  to the client.
>
> You can only reject an authentication request, you can't reject in
> accounting.
>
> The way to do this is to send a CoA disconnect request to your NAS to
> kick the session, if it's supported. If not you will need to either use
> some other method to terminate the session, or use shorter session
> lengths and then refuse on next authentication.
>
> See raddb/sites-available/originate-coa
>
> --
> Matthew
> This email is from an external source. Please do not open attachments or
> click links from an unknown or suspicious origin. Phishing attempts can be
> reported by using the report message button in Outlook or sending them as
> an attachment to phishing at sky.uk. Thank you
> Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged,
> confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views
> expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the
> originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by
> return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce,
> distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone.
> Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communication
> through our internal and external networks. SKY and the SKY marks are
> trademarks of Sky Limited and Sky International AG and are used under
> licence.
>
> Sky UK Limited (Registration No. 2906991), Sky-In-Home Service Limited
> (Registration No. 2067075), Sky Subscribers Services Limited (Registration
> No. 2340150) and Sky CP Limited (Registration No. 9513259) are direct or
> indirect subsidiaries of Sky Limited (Registration No. 2247735). All of the
> companies mentioned in this paragraph are incorporated in England and Wales
> and share the same registered office at Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7

Regards,
*Vinayak Makwana*

[image: Ecosmob Technologies Pvt. Ltd.] <https://www.ecosmob.com/>

Ecosmob Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
https://www.ecosmob.com

VoIP | Web | Mobile | DevOps | QA | L1/ L2/ L3 Support

--
*Disclaimer*

In addition to generic Disclaimer which you have agreed on
our website, any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those
of the originator and do not necessarily represent those of the Company or
its sister concerns. Any liability (in negligence, contract or otherwise)
arising from any third party taking any action, or refraining from taking
any action on the basis of any of the information contained in this email
is hereby excluded.

*Confidentiality*
This communication (including any
attachment/s) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) and contains
information that is PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL. Unauthorized reading,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
prohibited. Please inform originator if you have received it in error.

*Caution for viruses, malware etc.*
This communication, including any
attachments, may not be free of viruses, trojans, similar or new
contaminants/malware, interceptions or interference, and may not be
compatible with your systems. You shall carry out virus/malware scanning on
your own before opening any attachment to this e-mail. The sender of this
e-mail and Company including its sister concerns shall not be liable for
any damage that may incur to you as a result of viruses, incompleteness of
this message, a delay in receipt of this message or any other computer
problems.