dynamic-clients with rest (v.3.2)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Dec 7 02:03:56 UTC 2023

On Dec 6, 2023, at 6:58 PM, Bino Oetomo <wowon01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to do dynamic-clients with rest
>
> so I did (as root)

  Please read the documentation:  http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  We don't need to see how your installed the server.  We don't need to see the configuration files.  We don't need to see "radiusd -XXX".  This is all clearly documented in many places.

> some Output from --> freeradius -XXX
> ```
> Wed Dec  6 23:08:21 2023 : Debug: (0) server dynamic_clients {

 The documentation says to post ALL OF the debug output.

  What's happening here is not only that you're not reading the documentation, you're not reading the debug output.  If you had read the debug output, the issue would be clear.

  The dynamic client code does not decode the packet.  So when it prints out "Received Access-Request", there are no attributes listed after that.  And since no attributes have been decoded, there are no attributes to put into JSON.  And therefore the REST call gets an empty json blob.

  I really can't emphasis enough that it's necessary to read the documentation, and the debug output.  I really don't know where else to say that.  The issue is that mo matter where it's put in the documentation, FAQ, mailing list, Wiki, etc., people just don't read it.

  The only way to address these issues is to read the debug output.  When you put enormous effort into doing everything *other* that following the documentation and reading the debug output, you're just spending a lot of time doing wasted work.