dynamic-clients with rest (v.3.2)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Dec 7 22:59:36 UTC 2023

On Dec 7, 2023, at 5:53 PM, Bino Oetomo <wowon01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes it shows that my rest backend sends server error.
> It's because freeradius also post an empty JSON body as shown in my first
> post.

  Yes...

> So why did rlm_rest send an empty JSON?

  I had already answered this:

>>  The dynamic client code does not decode the packet.  So when it prints
>> out "Received Access-Request", there are no attributes listed after that.
>> And since no attributes have been decoded, there are no attributes to put
>> into JSON.  And therefore the REST call gets an empty json blob.

  If you read raddb/sites-enabled/dynamic-client, it documents how this works.  I won't cut & paste the documentation here...

  But if you read that file, it explains why the contents of the packet are empty.

  If you don't read the documentation, it will be very difficult to configure the server, or to understand how it works.