Compilation error on alma8

Nick Porter nick at portercomputing.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 09:35:53 UTC 2023

On 12/12/2023 08:56, Chinnapaiyan, Nagamani wrote:
> I am trying to build freeradius for almalinux8. I see rlm_perl skipped in "make rpm" output so build failed.
>

> It said EXTERN.h is not found in /usr/local/include, so I copied that file as a step in dockerfile. But it still throws not found error.
>
> #35 51.14 checking for EXTERN.h in /usr/local/include/... no

/usr/local/include is just one of the locations where the file is
searched for - since different methods of installing the prerequisite
will put files in different places.

Manually copying files is never the solution.

You likely don't have the correct prerequisite packages installed.

The best way to ensure that the correct prerequisites for building RPMs is

yum-builddep -y redhat/freeradius.spec

That will ensure that the appropriate packages are installed to allow
make rpm to work correctly.

Nick

--
Nick Porter