Skip authorize if proxy? Preprocess deprecated?

contact at brindereseau.fr contact at brindereseau.fr
Fri Feb 3 09:35:42 UTC 2023

Le 02.02.2023 17:13, Alan DeKok a écrit :
>   I'd suggest avoiding v4.  It works, but it's undergoing
> re-architecture on a daily basis.  The configuration format may change
> over time.  So it's only suitable for production use if you keep on
> top of all of the changes.

Actually, I'm not using v4 yet.  But I did take a look to see if it
answers my questions before posting.

>   You're right.
>
>   But the server rarely forces you to work in a certain way.  A module
> could decide to proxy, and then another module could cancel that proxy
> request.

Absolutely, though I don't have this complexity in my case.  Thanks for
confirming.

>   For your situation above, you could do:
>
> authorize {
>    filter_username
>    suffix
>
>    if (&control:Proxy-To-Realm) {
> 	return
>    }
>
>    sql
>    ... other stuff which is run only when it's not proxying.

Cool tip, I'll switch to this!  I often find return statements to be
more readable than nested conditions (which I have in the sequence even
not represented in the example).

>   The "preprocess" module was really only for the "hints" and
> "huntgroups"  files.  That functionality is done more easily by other
> modules in v4, so the "preprocess" module was removed.

Got it.

I do appreciate the answer.  Again, thanks for bringing FreeRADIUS to
the Unix community and for the doc of both FreeRADIUS and NetworkRADIUS
to be freely accessible.

Angély.