kqueue support

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Feb 6 20:21:57 UTC 2023

On Feb 6, 2023, at 3:03 PM, work vlpl <thework.vlpl at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I understand correctly it means I can use kqueue on Linux, right?

  Yes.

> In this case, may I ask how to compile Freeradius (< 4.x) with kqueue
> support on Linux?

  You compile it as normal.  configure / make / make install.

> First I've tried to compile it on Amazonlinux:2 including compiling
> libkqueue. This didn't work.

  That is not a helpful comment.

> https://wiki.freeradius.org/building/libkqueue-rpm
>
> Then I tried to compile it on Ubuntu 22.04 because libkqueue for
> ubuntu exists as a package.

  That won't work.  Their version of kqueue is too old.

> In both cases ./configure script reports that kqueuue is not supported.

  Read the config.log file, or see ./configure --help to see what's going wrong.

  In short, if v4 works, great.  If not, please supply a patch to fix the issue.