Anyone have an example Cisco TACACS Acct PCAP?

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Feb 24 16:30:08 UTC 2023

We (The FreeRADIUS development team) are fixing up the TACACS frontend and process modules in v4.0.x.

The example packets we're working with for TACACS accounting have timestamps in the format "2023-02-22 18:37:36 EST".

RFC 8907 states timestamps should be seconds since the unix epoch.

We're wondering how many TACACS clients out there actually follow the RFC and how many use their own weird and wonderful formats.

We'd appreciate any PCAPs (or screen grabs of PCAPs) which show the format their TACACS clients uses for dates.

Thanks,
-Arran