Google LDAP auth

Davide G. M. Salvetti salve at salvelab.it
Sat Feb 25 14:12:34 UTC 2023

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how to authenticate users with Google Secure
LDAP service.  I'm not sure I understood how to do it.

I perused and configured mods-available/ldap_google, tried to adapt
sites-available/default as per instructions there, enabled mods
cache_auth, ldap_google, enabled sites default and google-ldap-auth,
disabled site inner-tunnel.

Since sites-available/google-ldap-auth is declared designed to be used
an inner virtual server, I renamed the virtual server as "inner-tunnel".
I'm not sure: did I understand it right?  What's the proper way to
enable google-ldap-auth?  Am I supposed to set virtual-server in mod eap
instead?

Local radtests of the inner-tunnel seems to be successful (see log
request (1)), but WiFi Enterprise EAP tests are not.  I tried different
protocols with a Windows laptop and an Android phone; please see the
enclosed freeradius -X log, where I deleted with [...] some AP
Access-Request with Service-Type = Call-Check which I think aren't
relevant and anonymized test.user and my.domain.

I tried to read the log, but I'm not so fluent with FreeRADIUS; could
you please point me my mistakes?

--
Thanks,
Davide