Testing FreeRADIUS Locally

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Tue Jan 10 10:28:56 UTC 2023

On 10/01/2023 10:16, Raiya Al Rashdi wrote:
> I am trying to activate eduroam SP using FreeRADIUS by following these instructions https://wiki.geant.org/display/H2eduroam/eduroam+SP,  in centos 7 OS, I am new in FreeRADIUS actually.

3.0.13 is very old. I recommend you use the packages from
http://packages.networkradius.com/

If you're just starting out, you would be good to start on a recent OS,
as well.

> Failed binding to auth address * port 1812 bound to server eduroam: Address already in use
> /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/eduroam[3]: Error binding to port for 0.0.0.0 port 1812

The daemon is already running. You can't start a second one.

Stop the running daemon first:

   service radiusd stop

then you can run in debug mode.

> Then, when I test bob user I got as below
>
> [root at localhost ~]# radtest bob password 127.0.0.1 100 testing123

eduroam uses EAP, you can't test with radtest. Use eapol_test from the
wpa_supplicant project.

As you are SP only you will need a test account on another eduroam
system, "bob" won't work. Tour national proxy provider should provide this.

--
Matthew