update disconnect and order of operations

Anatoliy cphlpd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 13:57:29 UTC 2023

Hi team,
How update disconnect work in accounting section ?

For example we have accounting configuration like this
        sql {
            fail = 1
        }

        if ( !fail ) {
            if (&Class) {
                if (&Class == "outage" && &Acct-Status-Type ==
"Interim-Update") {
                    update disconnect {
                        Acct-Session-Id := "%{Acct-Session-Id}"
        linelog

if we receive accounting pack with Class=outage  and DB accessible , we
should send disconnect message for this session. But, what happens if NAS
is busy , or packet will be lost , so we did not receive reply ? Will
freeradius wait for some timeout before continue to linelog directive or
sending and processing disconnect message will be executed in parallel and
we process the linelog without any delay?