update disconnect and order of operations

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 14 00:01:03 UTC 2023

On Jul 13, 2023, at 7:31 PM, Anatoliy Kushner <cphlpd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alan, please can you explain why this is not possible?

  I really don't know what you mean.

  If you want to know how FreeRADIUS works, or why it does what it does... the source code is available.  You can read it to see what it does.

  The "update" disconnect" doesn't block the server threads which process requests.  Your choices are now:

a) believe it, and move on with your life

b) read the source code to understand how it works.

  There isn't much point in (c) - me explaining in detail how the code works.

  So I don't know what kind off explanation you're looking for.  Do I need to explain in detail how the server works, and how asynchronous disconnect packets work?  If so, why not just look at the source code?