Building freeradius against mariadb client library

Bill Schoolfield bill at billmax.com
Thu Jul 20 21:38:13 UTC 2023

We deploy freeradius with our application for a on premise joint
solution. We build freeradius from source and include the source and
binaries in a installation package. We use rlm_perl and rlm_sql modules

With all the issues with Redhat (IBM) we are presently trying to build a
new release for Debian 12.

It doesn't appear (we could be completely wrong here) that the mysql
client libraries are available. I do see mention of them online in a
package named default-libmysqlclient-dev but a package search using
dpkg-query reveals nothing by that name.

I either need the appropriate packages for Debian, or I need to alter
the build to use the mariadb library and includes. Perhaps modifying
configure.ac to use mariadb_config?

What is the solution here?