Help to increment freeradius wait timeout in

Nick Porter nick at portercomputing.co.uk
Fri Jul 28 13:00:29 UTC 2023

On 28/07/2023 11:28, Kamal Majaiti wrote:
> Problem:
> Good morning, I am trying to perform a 2FA after a correct validation with
> MSCHAP against active directory, the postauth executes a script that sends
> an email with a link to confirm and authorize access, when the link is
> clicked, access is authorized based on data meanwhile the script with a
> while waits for the access to be confirmed but freeradius doesn't wait and
> gives me the following error:
>
> (0)       Executing: /bin/bash /etc/freeradius/3.0/otp/enviar2FA.sh
> %{User-Name}:
> (0)       EXPAND %{User-Name}
> (0)          --> xxx
> Child PID 17681 is taking too much time: forcing failure and killing child.
> (0)       ERROR: Failed to read from child output

The exec module has a timeout - when that hits the child process is
killed which is what you are seeing here.

You need to increase the timeout in the exec module in mods-enabled/exec

However, this needs to be balanced against any timeouts in other parts
of the system which will cause repeat packets to be sent.

--
Nick Porter