EAP-TLS unable to get local issuer certificate

MH h33927318 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 05:37:30 UTC 2023

As I wrote in my first post, "openssl verify" command outputs that client
certificate is trusted. I think that without specifying "-CAFile" in
"openssl verify" it looks for trusted CAs in default locations.
So it works with or without -CAFile (i.e default OS system CA store and
custom CA store).
I expect FreeRadius does the same since it uses OpenSSL.
I did run strace on "openssl verify" and I saw very clearly what files are
examined for trusted CAs (it extracts IssuerName from client cert, hash it
and then search for filename with that hash in trusted CA stores).
I tried that same approach with "strace freeradius -fxxx" + "eapol_test
..." and did not find any similar output (just accessing server certificate
and key but not any other *.PEM).

Regarding the debug output: that's it.
All relevant attributes from client certificate are shown and then bump
"Warning: Certificate chain - 1 cert(s) untrusted", "Warning: (TLS)
untrusted certificate with depth 0".

st 7. 6. 2023 o 9:34 Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> napísal(a):