Log some errors to file or database

Fabricio Viana fabricioviana at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 15 16:39:21 UTC 2023

Hello!

When running freeradius -X to debug network problems I got three type of messages:

Received Accounting-Request Id 2 from x.x.x.x:1813 to y.y.y.y:1813 length 416.
Dropping packet without response because of error: Received Accounting-Request packet from client x.x.x.x with invalid Request Authenticator!  (Shared secret is incorrect.)

Ignoring request to acct address * port 1813 bound to server default from unknown client x.x.x.x port 58428 proto udp

Ignoring request to auth address * port 1812 bound to server default from unknown client x.x.x.x port 36350 proto udp

I know how to solve these problems. But to catch these errors I need to enter debug mode (freeradius -X). This sometimes takes some time as it requires someone with shell access to the server.

Is it possible to log these messages into a file or database without having to enter debug mode?

Thanks!
Fabricio