Vendor specific attributes format eapol_test

nabble at felix.world nabble at felix.world
Fri Jun 23 13:55:53 UTC 2023

Hello,

I know it’s not FreeRADIUS related but you may be able to help me to understand how vendor specific attributes work and how to correctly send them with eapol_test.
Vendor specific attributes are in the RADIUS attribute 26
So with eapol_test the following flag `-N 26:x:00009f680305010000` would be in detail:

00009f68 = Vendor-Id in hex
03		= Vendor attribute id
05		= length
010000	= Value

05 should be the length if I understand it correctly. But after playing around a bit it confuses me more and more.

Why is 010000 of length 05 and e.g. 11000342342342 of length 09?

BR,
Lineconnect