802.1x with GoDaddy Certificates EAP-TTLS

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 29 16:26:08 UTC 2023

On Jun 29, 2023, at 11:45 AM, Paul Bone <paul.bone at probitas-solutions.tech> wrote:
> If anyone on this list has a cost effective onboarding solution for 802.1x I would certainly be interested.

  I haven't seen many.  It's difficult and expensive to write software for many operating systems.  Plus, vendors see "software for 100K users", and get $$$ in their eyes.

> My customers have baulked at the cost of the options such as securew2 for example, and hence we have always used the do not validate flag on these types of networks.

  That is very much not recommended.  It's not only insecure, it is less likely to work as time progresses.  You might have a year or two before most people upgrade, and certificate validation is required.

> It is internet service and internal networks in multi tenant buildings, so margins are very slim!

  This isn't a priority for vendors selling onboarding software.  :(