Migrating DHCP configuration from v3 to v4

Ľudovít Mikula ludovit.mikula at mikori.sk
Thu Jun 29 17:22:53 UTC 2023

Thank you for the insights!

On 6/29/23 18:29, Alan DeKok wrote:
> On Jun 29, 2023, at 12:17 PM, Ľudovít Mikula <ludovit.mikula at mikori.sk> wrote:
>>
>> I am migrating my dhcp setup from freeradius v3 into v4 and have some questions.
>
>    Be aware that v4 might work, or might not.

Yes I'm aware and of course we'll test a specific commit and stick to it
if it works :)

I'm trying to wrap my head around the new way and after studying
mods-config/sql/ippool/mysql/queries.conf a bit more, would it be
something along:

1. create a copy of mods-available/sqlippool (fe. called dhcp_sqlippool)
and set:

   - allocated_address_attr = dhcpv4.Your-IP-Address
   - owner = "%{Vendor-Specific.ADSL-Forum.Agent-Remote-ID}"
   - gateway = "%{dhcpv4.Gateway-IP-Address}"

2. in sites-available/dhcp determine pool name and run dhcp_sqlippool to
allocate an IP address:

         &control.IP-Pool.Name := "determine pool name with some custom
logic"
         if (!&control.IP-Pool.Name || &control.IP-Pool.Name == '') {
                 do_not_respond
                 return
         }
         dhcp_sqlippool

3. In sites-available/dhcp Request processing section set:

         if (ok) {
                 &reply.Your-IP-Address := &Your-IP-Address
         }

Ludo Mikula