help required - freerdius 3 - accounting to fortigate - user group name not received on fortigate

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 9 20:23:55 UTC 2023

On Mar 9, 2023, at 3:06 PM, Eby Mani via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> I've migrated from Freeradius 2.x.x to Freeradius 3.0.16 on ubuntu.

  You should really be 3.0.26.  Pre-build packages are available.  3.0.16 is 5 years old, and should not be used.

  If your OS doesn't have packages for 3.0.26, or http://packages.networkradius.com doesn't support your OS, then you can build your own packages from source.

> FR2 was configured to sent accounting to Fortigate firewall for RSSO Groups using "copy-acct-to-home-server" section.
>
> I have re-configured freeradus 3 and restored mysql db, accounting packets are being sent to fortigate. However user group is not received by fortigate.

  Is FreeRADIUS sending the reply with the attribute?  Read the debug log to be sure:

yes - the problem is Fortigate

no - the problem is FreeRADIUS.

> Cant seem to find how it was done on FR2 or how to do the same in FR3.
>
> Any hints will be helpful.
>
> Will post debug if required.

  Where ELSE should we put documentation which says "POST THE DEBUG OUTPUT" ???

  It's in the "man" page.  It's in the wiki.  It's in the message you get when you join the list.  it's everywhere we can put it.  Yet apparently it's still not enough.

  POST THE DEBUG OUTPUT.

  I really don't know how to say that any more clearly.