Is it possible to query freeradius' certificate expiration remotely?

Matt H meh1963 at gmail.com
Tue May 2 00:04:53 UTC 2023

Is it possible to query freeradius' certificate expiration date remotely
for the cert in /etc/raddb/certs?

I'm trying to set up an alert so there's notification when the cert is <60
days from requiring renewal.

I'm trying the following but the command returns connection refused on all
of the ports I expected it to work on:

openssl s_client -servername rad2.domain.com -connect rad2.domain.com:1813
| openssl x509 -noout -dates

I've tried ports 443, 8080, 88, 1812, 1813, 1645, 1646, and everything else
I can find that might be listening, to no avail.

Thanks for any guidance
/mh