rlm_cache_redis driver

dextá dexter7bbot at gmail.com
Fri May 19 18:39:10 UTC 2023

hi,

I have installed freeradius via packages.networkradius.com. At first I
thought the "freeradius-redis" package would include the rlm_cache_redis
driver, but it doesn't.

I get the output below:

rlm_ldap (dc4): Bind successful
  # Instantiating module "redis" from file
/etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/redis
rlm_redis (redis): Initialising connection pool
   pool {
        start = 5
        min = 5
        max = 10
        spare = 2
        uses = 0
        lifetime = 0
        cleanup_interval = 30
        idle_timeout = 60
        retry_delay = 30
        spread = no
   }
rlm_redis (redis): Opening additional connection (0), 1 of 10 pending slots
used
rlm_redis (redis): Opening additional connection (1), 1 of 9 pending slots
used
rlm_redis (redis): Opening additional connection (2), 1 of 8 pending slots
used
rlm_redis (redis): Opening additional connection (3), 1 of 7 pending slots
used
rlm_redis (redis): Opening additional connection (4), 1 of 6 pending slots
used
  # Instantiating module "cache" from file
/etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/cache
/etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/cache[23]: Could not link driver
rlm_cache_redis: (null)
/etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/cache[23]: Make sure it (and all its dependent
libraries!) are in the search path of your system's ld
/etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/cache[23]: Instantiation failed for module
"cache"

In the path /usr/lib/freeradius there is no rlm_cache_redis.so

root at freeradiusv3dev:/usr/lib/freeradius# ls rlm_cache
rlm_cache.so         rlm_cache_rbtree.so
root at freeradiusv3dev:/usr/lib/freeradius# ls rlm_cache

Checking the output of ldconfig -v I also found nothing about
rlm_cache_redis.

Which package includes the rlm_cache_redis driver? Or do I need to compile
this driver?