Request Authenticator value made available to a Perl module

Brandon Miller webasdf at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 22:14:37 UTC 2023

Hello Alan,

Thanks again for your previous responses.  I have attempted to set the
encrypt=1 attribute in the vendor dictionary, but it is only
decrypting the first 128 bytes of the message.  The message I am
attempting to decrypt is larger than 128 bytes.  After reading the
RFC2865 section 5.2, I see that password decryption is limited to 128
bytes.  Unfortunately, our vendor will not change how they are doing
things, so I'm rather stuck.  I have all the relevant code written in
my Perl module to decrypt values larger than 128 bytes, but I simply
don't have access to the RADIUS authenticator (random nonce value)
outside of the RAD_REQUEST hash.  Are there any configuration options
available to change the maximum decryption length to greater than 128
bytes or any way for me to retrieve the RADIUS authenticator inside my
Perl script?  I suppose worst case scenario would be to downgrade to
an older version where I can retrieve the %V expansion parameter
mentioned earlier.  I'd hate to do that though.

Thanks for any help,
Brandon