Monitor the number of open EAP sessions

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 23 16:39:32 UTC 2023

On Nov 23, 2023, at 10:01 AM, Sergey Marochkin <umnik.ru at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to ask if you have found a way to fix this? Unfortunately, I
> periodically catch the previously described problem of overflow of open
> connections on the radius server, so I would like to be able to get
> statistics on them.

  See https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/3a9cc7eaf366a726285d2bf61923f508dff6c1fa

  You can edit mods-available/eap:

eap {

	dedup_key = "%{Calling-Station-Id}"

}

  When the supplicant starts a new EAP session, the server will delete old sessions for that Calling-Station-Id.

  If the supplicant is *really* doing multiple EAP sessions, well, most of them will fail.  But in the general case, the supplicant is only doing multiple EAP sessions when it's misbehaving.

  It's compile-tested.  So it it works, great.  If not, we're happy to accept patches or bug reports.