supported os

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Fri Oct 20 09:53:25 UTC 2023

On 20/10/2023 05:02, Andrei Katsuk wrote:
> I found on https://wiki.freeradius.org/building/Platforms that
> Officially supported linux platforms are:
> CentOS
> Red Hat
> Debian
> Ubuntu

That page is seven years old. I'm not sure anyone has seriously tested
on Solaris for years.

The CI builds use recent releases of Debian, Ubuntu, Rocky and FreeBSD,
and the main developers use macOS. So those are the systems that get
regular testing.

> Also I found on https://hub.docker.com/r/freeradius/freeradius-server/
> that freeradius docker image is based on alpine image.
> Does it mean that alpine os is also officially supported ?

It's a free software project, so "supported" here is "what it's
regularly tested on". If anyone wants actual support, contact Network
RADIUS.

The only reason there is an Alpine docker image is because that's what
people seem to want for small Docker images. It doesn't get any testing.

> Which linux os you suggest to use as the base os for docker image with
> freeradius ?

Ubuntu.

--
Matthew